New BORN Dashboard
• November 22, 2018: BORN will be launching the NICU/SCN Dashboard featuring 2 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• The first BORN dashboard – the Maternal Newborn Dashboard – was introduced in 2012 and led to clinically relevant practice improvements at the provincial level in the majority of targeted indicators
What is a dashboard?
A dashboard is an audit and feedback tool designed to help hospital staff and providers identify areas where practice is good and where there is room for improvement.
How does it work?
• provides feedback on key performance indicators
• compares performance to established benchmarks (as well as other hospitals)
• provides signals to trigger action if performance is sub-optimal
What are the benefits?
• measures KPIs that are clinically meaningful, feasible to measure and actionable
• helps Ontario hospitals with maternal newborn and/or NICU/SCN units meet requirements set out in the Excellent Care for All Act (2010)
*For more information and resources (including the criterion reference guide), click on the tabs below.
KPI 1 - Rate of primary NICU/SCN admissions of inborn infants >35 weeks' gestation receiving 'Air' as the initial gas used during resuscitation (in the first 30 minutes of life)
KPI 2 - Rate of primary NICU/SCN admissions of inborn infants where the infant has a temperature between 36.5 and 37.5° Celcius (inclusive) at admission